Dear I.C. School Families,
Instead of a monthly letter this year, I have decided to do a weekly email outlining events of the week and giving you any information that you may need. I hope this helps you keep informed and aware of happenings at our school.
Yes, this does happen and occasionally I get called mom also, more often mawmaw! This makes me happy and I hope it makes you happy also as it demonstrates the comfort level of your children and how happy they are at school!
School has now been in session for 8 days and so far, so good! We are experiencing some Covid issues with children being considered as close contacts to family members, but so far no positive cases at school. Last week, our preschool did experience an outbreak of RSV, and I pray this is not an issue for the upcoming week!
What a great time was experienced at Parrot Island last Thursday evening. The water felt so refreshing after a hot day and I loved seeing all of you and your children. As always, I had to try something new and went down the green tube in an intertube. I felt a bit like a "beached whale" but had a great time!!
- Monday, 8/30 Homework room begins. A flyer was in last Friday's folder describing who could attend and directives and calendar for the year.
- Tuesday, 8/31 Cub Scout sign-up for boys and girls in grades K-5 in the school auditorium beginning at 6:30pm.
- Wednesday, 9/1 PRE begins
- Thursday, 9/2 School Mass at 8:30
- Monday, 9/6 Labor Day- no school
- Friday, 9/10 Pie/muffin sales will begin
- Wednesday, 9/15 Individual School Pictures for PS-5th
- Friday, 9/24 PD for staff; no school
Our world is in turmoil- Covid, hurricane Ida, Afghanistan, fires, earthquakes, political distress, intolerance ... It is essential that we pray unceasingly!! Only God can heal us and I worry about the world our children and grandchildren face without faith and prayer!